Wednesday 6 April 2011

because everything has to begin somewhere...

I was sewing and listening to Radio 4 when Womans Hour read out an email from a listener "The back door is open, the children are playing outside and I'm in the kitchen baking and listening to Womans Hour...life doesn't get any better than this!"

Ahhh I thought, how lovely and imagined this woman in her kitchen, which made me wonder about all the other women (and men but mainly women) at home working to raise children or to earn a crust (or both!).  I wondered about her workspace and what she might be baking.

Thats when I had the idea of a blog where people can share their incredibly important work spaces.

At the moment there are no followers, no photos or any words written by another BUT I'm hoping in a few weeks to have at least a few shared photos of studios, words and thoughts from others. 

The "others" will be people like you and me. Crafters, sewers, hammerers, gluers, stitchers, bakers, cakers, photograph takers, (ooo that rhymes!), knitters, crocheters...basically anyone who makes things of any kind, who have a work space that they would like to share with fellow makers.

So if you feel like you would like to join in...please email me at studiochain@home100.plus.com

No comments: